Friday, May 17, 2013

Storybird

Room 102 has been using Storybird to apply what they learned about narrative elements to create their own stories. Storybird helps students bring thoughts to life and adds a digital component to traditional storyboards. 
Students drag and drop characters and images onto a digital storyboard. Their ideas are transformed into magnificent stories inspired by the artwork available on Storybird.
The final story is shared in an online class library.  Students also have the option to purchase their story as a hard cover picture book.  Several students created books for younger siblings.
Here is an example of a student’s Storybird. . .




Another student wrote . . .





Your student may log in at home to share his or her Storybird with family and friends or create a new story.  This is a great site for some summer fun. It will keep your child writing through June, July, and August.  Click the icon to go directly to Storybird.

2 comments:

  1. Well hello! I feel as though I have found my twin classroom although I think you are way more talented. ;) I can't believe I simply stumbled onto your blog via Oh'Boy 4th Grade's fifth grade page. I just added you to my blog list so that I can jump over whenever you update to learn more about what you are up to. I love that you use Storybird, I love it! And, I started researching Genius Hour last week and began my implementation plan for it. I think I will need to adjust it to Genius Time, because I probably won't have a full hour but nevertheless, I am super excited about it and super excited to have found your blog. :) I'm Brandee and I'll be back soon. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brandee, for those kind words. I jumped over to your blog and discovered so many clever ideas. I hope we continue to connect. This blogging is such a fun experience and I appreciate teachers willing to share their resources. I am thrilled you shared your link!

    ReplyDelete